Monday, September 29, 2008

Round up, of sorts

The weekend had some amazing highlights: stargazing in the early morning hours at Shell Point, Decent Pizza dinner and socially conscious (intermingled with not-so-nice-in-public conversation, of course*) conversation. Much needed sleep on Sunday, as well.  
My work day has consisted of really obnoxious things like trying to find hemp and bamboo papers for heavy printing, being told a job is ready to go but not as originally estimated (which makes it not ready to go), and proofs that don't match what was originally sent. Oh and people complaining about things that were produced in too little time. Well as the new sign in my office reads: "Lack of planning on your part, doesn't constitute an emergency on my part". I'm going home tonight with three things that are getting done no matter how late I stay up: 1) Going for a run 2)finding a workspace in the craft room 3) packaging/finishing the three swap things that I need to have ready to go to the post office tomorrow. I plan on using my lunch time and maybe a little after-hours time tomorrow to work on the designs for the nonconventional it's-a-boy party, spoonflower, and ponoko. I should make myself an organizer of some fashion that i'd actually use. I had the most adorable one that just ended up being a scrap paper holder. 

I'm struggling with my moods and it's wearing me out. I'm not really sure how to proceed or how to sort that out. Can I take a break from me? 

It's finally 5:30 and despite the unfinished to-do list for today, I'm heading out. I'm a little burnt out on this corporate thing. 


*"I do sperm, just not to the face." "I'm bleeding from the vagina; can we hold hands?" 

No comments: