Tuesday, February 3, 2009

unfinished


i'm trying so hard

you're so defensive about school and i just can't understand it. We need to talk about the things that i want to do by hand and why for the wedding. There's more to it than me just wanting to DO it. I don't understand why everything falls apart between us. Why we can't even communicate. I'm desperate for a solution and all i get are tears. You're taking on and holding onto so many worries and anxiety and I'm afraid they're negatively affecting our relationship and i don't know how to help you deal with them. I feel like you get offended every time I mention or try to talk to you about managing the way they make you feel....


<hr>
On a completely unrelated note: 
because I love you, I promise to treat you the way you want to be treated and with the respect you deserve. I promise to build trust with my words and actions. I will be your cheerleader, your nurse, your editor, your therapist, your teacher, your student, and your partner in adventure. I will deeply appreciate all of your positive qualities and not let the passage of time dull that appreciation. When life challenges us, I promise to focus on the resiliency of our love. And if I stumble and fail to live up to my promises, I will look you in the eyes, hold your hands, and apologize with sincerity. I will be my best for you.       

No comments: