Tuesday, January 27, 2009

deflated

I'm done with being criticized for doing my damn job with exactly what
I'm given to work with. Yes, I've only been in this position for about
7 months, but you know jack shit about printing. You only have a
problem with it because your client has told you to have a problem
with it. Your cocky ass can go back to school if you want to instruct
me how to do my job. I wish I had some meds left. I wish I could go
home and go back to bed. I wish I could breathe without crying. I wish
people would stop being such alarmists ... Stop calling things a
catastrophe when they're just not what you expected (never mind that
we did everything we could to let you know EXACTLY what it would feel
and look like). I think its time to start looking around. I'm not so
sure I'm built for this field. Maybe answering phones somewhere or
organizing someone else's work is better suited to my demeanor. Maybe
its time to seriously consider the starving artist route. ha! as if i
could even qualify as an artist. Maybe it's just time to admit that
I'm not strong enough for the real world. I don't enjoy the work that
I do. I get sick to the very bottom of my stomach when I think about
coming to work most days. I've been to afraid to look for something
else because the benefits are decent and the economy well, isn't. But
i'm tired of just barely dragging myself through everyday. It's not
even 10am. How they hell am i going to make it until 5:30?

1 comment:

NervousHabit said...

Yeah. Everyone in this joint is constantly in-game with the longest ongoing session of The Blame Game in gaming history.

Don't quit without having something else lined up, but you already know that. And I totally think you're an artist. Sorry your co-workers suck. But I can relate on the feeling of not being able to make it through the day. I fell asleep last night at 10:00, woke up at 2am. Couldn't get back to sleep. Did the only thing I could think to do: hit the gym, got breakfast and went into work three hours early. And I'm supposed to go to Tampa after this. On four hours of sleep, I don't know how I'm going to stay up for more than 16 hours straight. Chin up, Court. Hope the rest of the day gets better.