Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A fresh space; a new place



So, I've created a new space for myself. With the recent path of things in my life, I need a bit of breathing room for my thoughts. And because I'm failing lately to create that even inside my own head, I've created a somewhat physical space for that here.

"I cannot do everything, but still

I can do something. I will not refuse to do

the something I can do."

Helen Keller

I want to give myself permission to be really honest and really truthful about how i feel here. I want to give myself the freedom to be open about everything, even the bad times. I want to make a promise to myself to take time each week to do something just for me. It might be by myself & it might not. And that's okay. I want to be creative in my daily life. I want to find happiness from what i have and not find discontent with the things I don't have.

"Let there be peace in not knowing

all the answers."


I won't promise that things you might read here are all positive or that you might not worry about me from time to time, but it is real and that's a start in the right direction. I am very worried and hesitant as I start to fill this new space. In the past, a journal has been an outlet for the negative, but rarely a record of the positive and, in turn, I hesitated to share it with those who were/are important to me. I feel like that action, among many, has created a disconnect within myself. I am the sum of all my parts, good, bad and in between. I can't move forward with part of me. I cannot cultivate a healthy me without all of me.

"When you finally expose yourself

and let yourself be known,

the sky does not fall.

Instead, things begin to unfold;

miracles happen."

Suzanne Falter-Barns

Hopefully I can write more tonight. I'd like to write an affirmation, address some basics, and run down this past week. I should start trying to recover some photos from teh internet since my computer crashed and took the photos with it.



No comments: